|Main Author:||Tyrmand, Leopold, (comp.)|
New York :
The Free Press ,
Table of Contents:
- Foreword by P. F. Wheeler.
- On reading Thucydides and Present-day humanistic studies, by P. Hostowiec.
- Notes on ideology: end or crisis? by A. Hertz.
- Czechoslovak observations, by V. iSlikova.
- Last writings, by A. Stawar.
- The death of an old Bolshevik: reminiscences about Steklov, by A. Wat.
- The road to Moscow, by B. Miedzibnski.
- Marxist revisionism in Poland: its background, sources, and main tendencies, by Z. A. Jordan.
- From the diary of an eye-witness: notes on the Hungarian revolution of 1956, by G. Ghomhori.
- The seven deaths of Maksim Gorky, Under Conrad's eyes, and Yegor and Ivan Denisovich, by G. Herling-Grudzibnski.
- The literature of borderline situations, by J. !awrynenko.
- Some contradictions in modern art, by K. A. Jelebnski.
- How can one not cry out? by J. Czapski.
- Making a living in Poland: how to make money (without too much work and as legally as possible), by G. J. Flemming.
- The political thought of Kultura, by J. Mieroszewski.
- About the authors.