Taking sides. Clashing views on controversial issues in science, technology, and society /
|Other Authors:||Easton, Thomas A.|
Dubuque, Iowa :
Table of Contents:
- Should society restrict the publication of unclassified but "sensitive" research?
- Is science a faith?
- Should creationism and evolution get equal time in schools?
- Do we face a "population problem"?
- Should society act now to halt global warming?
- Do environmentalists overstate their case?
- Will hydrogen replace fossil fuels for cars?
- Do cell phones cause cancer?
- Do vaccines cause autism?
- Should DDT be banned worldwide?
- Should we expand efforts to find near-earth objects?
- Is the search for extraterrestrial life doomed to fail?
- Should NASA continue to pursue manned space exploration?
- Does the Internet strengthen community?
- Does the war on terrorism threaten privacy?
- Will screens replace pages?
- Is the use of animals in research justified?
- Should genetically modified foods be banned?
- Is it ethically permissable to clone human beings?