Irregular connections a history of anthropology and sexuality /
|Main Author:||Lyons, Andrew P.|
|Corporate Authors:||ebrary, Inc.|
|Other Authors:||Lyons, Harriet.|
University of Nebraska Press,
Critical studies in the history of anthropology.
An electronic book accessible through the World Wide Web; click to view
Table of Contents:
- Three images of primitive sexuality and the definition of species
- Sex and the refuge for destitute truth
- Matriarchy, marriage by capture, and other fantasies
- The reconstruction of "primitive sexuality" at the Fin de Siècle
- "Old Africa hands"
- Malinowski as "reluctant sexologist"
- Margaret Mead, the future of language, and lost opportunities
- The "silence"
- Sex in contemporary anthropology
- Conclusions and unfinished business.