Bringing ritual to mind : psychological foundations of cultural forms /
Bringing Ritual to Mind explores the psychological foundations of religious rituals. Religious rituals exploit either high performance frequency or extraordinary emotional stimulation (but not both) to enhance recollection. McCauley and Lawson use a wide range of evidence to argue that the explanati...
|Main Author:||McCauley, Robert N.|
|Other Authors:||Lawson, E. Thomas.|
Cambridge, UK ; New York :
Cambridge University Press,
Bringing ritual to mind.
- Cognitive constraints on religious ritual form: a theory of participants' competence with religious ritual systems
- Ritual and memory: frequency and flashbulbs
- Two hypotheses concerning religious ritual and emotional stimulation
- Assessing the two hypotheses
- General profiles of religious ritual systems: the emerging cognitive science of religion.