Radical interpretation in religion /
In this landmark interdisciplinary volume, ten distinguished scholars offer radical interpretations of religious belief and language from a variety of perspectives including anthropology of religion, ritual studies, cognitive psychology, semantics, post-analytic philosophy, history of religions, and...
|Other Authors:||Frankenberry, Nancy, 1947-|
Cambridge, UK ; New York :
Cambridge University Press,
Radical interpretation in religion.
- Saving belief: on the new materialism in religious studies / Terry F. Godlove, Jr.
- Radical interpretation and pragmatism: Davidson, Rorty, and Brandom on truth / Jeffrey Stout
- Cultural politics and the question of the existence of God / Richard Rorty
- Religious belief and naturalism / Wayne L. Proudfoot
- "The Chinese believe in spirits": belief and believing in the study of religion / Catherine M. Bell
- On interpreting the world religiously / E. Thomas Lawson
- Are religious beliefs counter-intuitive? / Maurice Bloch
- You don't read a myth for information / Hans H. Penner
- Religion as a "mobile army of metaphors" / Nancy K. Frankenberry
- Manna, mana everywhere and /// / Jonathan Z. Smith.