Time and archaeology /
This survey of time and archaeology includes chapters from a broad, international range of contributors and combines theoretical and empirical material. They illustrate and explore the diversity of archaeological approaches to time. The contributors contrast between a scientific understanding of tim...
|Other Authors:||Murray, Tim, 1955-|
One world archaeology ;
Time and archaeology.
- A return to the 'Pompeii premise' / Tim Murray
- Indian and other concepts of time: a holistic framework / D.P. Agrawal, V. Bhalakia and S. Kusumgar
- Puranic time and the archaeological record / Michael A. Cremo
- German Romantic chronology and its impact on the interpretation of prehistory / Frank Jolles
- Keeping industrial time / John Rule
- Developing an Indian stone age chronology / Sheila Mishra
- Appraising the urban future: an archaeological time perspective / Roland Fletcher
- The Hochdorf 'princely' grave and the question of the nature of archaeological funerary assemblages / Laurent Olivier
- The times of history: archaeology, narrative and non-linear causality / James McGlade.