The politics of security in modern Russia /
Fully up-to-date to reflect the evolving Medvedev presidency, the 2008 Georgian war and the impact of the economic downturn, this volume is a much needed objective and balanced examination of the ways in which security has played and continues to play a central role in contemporary Russian politics.
|Other Authors:||Galeotti, Mark.|
Farnham, Surrey, England ; Burlington, VT :
Ashgate Pub. Co.,
Politics of security in modern Russia.
- Introduction / Mark Galeotti
- Security Strategy : Sovereign Democracy and Great Power Aspirations / Graeme Herd
- The Politics of Security / Mark Smith
- -Military Relations and the Security Apparatus / Bettina Renz
- Neither Reform Nor Modernisation: The Armed Forces Under and After Putin's Command / Pavel Baev
- Chechnya and Regional Security / C.W. Blandy
- Nuclear Arms Control After a Time of Troubles / Stephen J. Cimbala
- Terrorism, Crime and the Security Forces / Mark Galeotti
- The `Security Economy' / Julian Cooper
- Russia's Unending Quest for Security / Stephen Blank
- Afterword / Dmitri Trenin.